Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Study and Work at America!

I worked for 2 months, originally just in Colonial Properties, but I got a second job in McDonalds. I earned about US $ 400 a week, working 36 hours a week at Colonial Properties and 24 hours a week at McDonalds. Accommodation cost me US$ 250 per month, and I spent about US $ 200 a month on food. Apart from that, I spent about US $ 80 per month on leisure, laundry, etc.
The above work and travel statement is shared by Suzy, a student at UPM, who had traveled to the US between May and July 2006. Sound good isnt't it?how much i wish i could join the Work & Travel USA programme to experience a different culture and to improve my English. Not only that,the best part about it will be the time we will be spending at work, making friends with people from around the world.=)

If you wish to work and travel in USA:


2 agents ,Think Out of The Box and Speedwing are under CIEE and GeoVisions, which are the main sponsors of this program is what you gonna to see.
From what i know ,actually the most expensive part for this application would be the 2 way flight ticket from Malaysia to USA, which is about 4 to 5K, depending on flight agency.The application fees that paid to the agent would be around 2 to 3K.


You might be wondering what kind of work will you get there?Well, let say my field of study is more to life science, Biochemistry to be precise. if you haven't notice yet, the jobs in this program actually doesn't have anything to do with student's field of study. it's actually those low-requirement jobs like housekeeping, server, sales assistant, theme park worker and stuff.


This Work and Travel(WAT )program is designed for current university students and last semester students awaiting graduation only. for more info : http://usa.workandtravelusa.com.my/w&tdetails.htm
so my chance might come for final semester before i grads, hopefully!=)

Ads: 468x60