Sunday, May 23, 2010

Venture into Stock Market.


Well, somehow, i am striked with the decision of whether going for investment , be it stock investment or property investment. well it sound like with my current status as a university student, i am not too mature enough to explore the current trends in the stock markets yet. perhapss, this is not uet a calling for me to venture into the share trading. plus i don't have much time and commitment into analysis and investgate the whole spectrum of market shares.

So i tried to find some information regarding the Stock market, just as learning guidelined for a newbie like me.

A senior reply to me as below:

If ur still a student my personal opinion is stick to your studies no offence...

share trading can be time consuming and tedious, if ur new try and read and gain more knowledge first dont jump immediately into trading. No point suggesting any counters, because if anyone says that that XYZ company counter is very good andyou will make tonnes of money from it I will say he/she is a lier.

Buying stock is a very subjective matter, it all depends on u reading the materials in the market and doing homework first before u rush in to the market and get slaughtered.

On the other hand, hope is not that bleak for u I suggest u start a unit trust account it works great in a bull market and steadier returns.
Well, some says opting for Unit trust:

Ya la, get unit trust better, u dont really have to focus too much on it and u can get fairly decent long term returns. If ur really hard up on the KLSE, why not try an index tracker like the OSK KLCI tracker fund? The buying in price is fairly cheap, bout 1%, redemption 1%. And if u buy from HSBC they'll redeem half of the charges back to you.

But anyways, i think it entirely depends on ur risk appetite: can u accept that ur money may depreciate? Or do u want sumthing thats like capital guaranteed?If the latter then go Amanah Saham or sumthing la. Worse come to worse main kutu hahahaha .



Some opinions are more inclined towards Unit Trust:
I'd say with RM2000 you're better off putting your money in some unit trust. Learn how to invest and then you can dive into the stock market. I doubt as a new investor you will be able to beat unit trust performance. Plus your funds are so limited and you are a student. However, I must add that your time horizon for investing is rather short and you can even lose money with unit trust if you only keep for a year or two. We dont know what the market will be like. A time line of 3-5years will be safer.

Here is an article about investing with very little money like your RM2000 - http://klsestockreview.blogspot.com/2007/0...rk-for-you.html

For some useful info on stocks listed on Bursa Malaysia you can visit
http://klsestockreview.blogspot.com



Opinions by Jordy, experiencers of stock market:

as a student myself and possibly younger than you by a year, I can share my experiences with you.
I started trading in KLSE 8 years ago, when many people were still brushing up for PMR. It was a great experience back then watching the stocks and reading updates in the business world.
I didn't have any basic knowledge of the stock market then, I just traded by following speculations (or pure luck).
It was good as I managed to accumulate a profit of 30% by the first year, and my parents were proud.

That was just before the 2001 9/11 attacks, when I suddenly lost all my hard earned cash + profits prior to that because of lack of knowledge.
I never looked back then, but continued to earn money to start my investment again. My money was stuck there for a good few years, without earning me anything, because the stocks that I invested in were not so performing. So I just managed to breakeven.
Not long ago, I beefed up my stock trading knowledge by reading a lot when I had a break during lessons.

Now lucky to say, I have the chance of having a bit of knowledge in stock analysis, reading annual reports and invest in the right stocks.
I have accumulated enough capital to divide my investment between stocks and unit trust. In good times, I am earning an average of 10% in less than 2 months from stock market, and another 10% in around 1 month from unit trust.

I must say, for your RM2000, it is very difficult to spot undervalued stocks which you can cash into, without doing the due diligence and time for research. I sacrifice my study time to do my research and self-study on the stock market. Are you able to do that?

Regards



Perhaps, there is so much more for me to learn=D





Ads: 468x60