Monday, August 1, 2011

Internships Done! Yay...

Saturday ( 30 July 2011) is my last day of intern at Farm' Best Food Industries. Well a mix of feelings overwhelm me, there are happy, sad, worried touched etc... The lists go on and on ..End of my 2 months Industrial Training

First, I wish to take this opportunity to thank the GM of Farm Best Food Industries , Dr Subra, for giving me the opportunity to undergo my internships for 2 months. Yes,you may wonder why he is called a Dr, and No he is not a medical doctor but  he is a vet! He joined Farm Best on the year 2010 as a QA Manager, and currently he has been appointed as the GM of the Farm's Best. When having a conversation with him, i was a bit nervous, this is the first time when i stepped into the meeting room to have the first interview with him. He briefed me a bit about the operation of the factory and i was asked to start the intern as soon as possible. I started a bit late than most of my coursemates who have started right after exam, 16 May 2011 and so i completed it a bit late as well.


Well, the 2months industrial training has exposed to the real operation of food industries. Moreover, SInmah as an intergrated company, have the chain of operation from poultry breeding, livestock , to poultry and further processing. Luckily I have seen with my own eyes the operation of Sinmah Livestock(refer to ), Farm’s Best Food industries, and Sinmah Multifeed Sdn Bhd. The only Group which I haven’t see is the Sinmah Breeder Sdn Bhd which I hope in future I will be able to see the operation.
Below are the persons who I would like to thank. Since I have done my training in 3 different places and meet many different people so I have divided into 3 different places and with each different people that have come to my industrial training’s aids.

Farm’s Best QA Lab ( ALor Gajah):
Puan Maslinda: You are such a good helper, remember the first time when I asked you whether you are able to pick me up on the way to work, and without hesitant, you said Yes! I feel lucky to know you as my supervisor and as my friend. Throughout the whole industrial training you have not only helped me by providing me a transport to work and also, you have taught me about microbiology, the ways to perform a microbiological test on food samples, equipment swab etc. Seeing the facts that I have not exposed in dept to the microbiology field, you have indeed help to shed light onto this area. Not forgetting to thank Kak Chandra , Kak Zabidah, Abang Shamsul, all of you are just nice!=)

1 Malaysia slogan always been with us whenever I went out lunch with Kak Chandra and Kak Linda. LOL

Farm’ Best Food Industries Plant:
2 Senior Supervisors have helped me a lots, they are Hemah and Alina.=)
I thank you two for your generosity in sharing your knowledge the moment I stepped into the plant with zero knowledge. Your explanation is great and it helped me to get a clear picture of the whole operation of poultry and further processing plant. 

Sinmah Multifeed Sdn Bhd( ALor Gajah):
It is a feed manufacturing factory, one of the Group of Farm's Best berhad. In fact, it is the headquarter. Quite a number of accountants and office administrators from various groups like livestok, breeder, working there. The silos are extremely huge! But the production department have fewer number of workers since the whole operation of feed manufacturing is simpler than the Farm Best Food Processing plant where you would expect 500 workers are needed for the whole processing plant. 
I was assigned to QC Laboratory, the so called chemical lab to performe various tests like protein, fat, ash, moisture, sodium, calcium etc on feed and food samples.

 Thanks to Miss Toh, the QA Manager for her generous sharing of knowledge,you have shared with me the feed nutrition and the book which you lend me may be just another good start-up of my learning in poultry nutrition. Pretty much appreciated=)

While on the water treatment plant:
The EQ tank and the SBR tank

The boiler and the chemical tank

Behind me is the huge SBR tank

The huge SBR tank 1 and 2


 While at the Farm's Best Food Industries plant:


Wearing custom inside the plant

Abang Shamsul and me

Abang Shamsul, Kak Bedah and me

1 Malaysian: Kak Chandra, Kak Linda and me

While at the Sinmah Multifeed Sdn Bhd:


Kak Ila , Mr Balan, and me in Simah Multifeed

Ads: 468x60