Sunday, December 25, 2011

A week with satisfaction

Guess what? This year Christmas is the most devastating one,no special celebration, not even an hour of relaxation and a minute to allow me to sigh a relief! What else can keep me busy like hell except lab?! I have spent eve and Christmas in the lab!
Thus,  laboratory works like inoculation, autoclave, preparation of peptone water, MRS and enumeration have been my expertise! Lol.
 To think in a positive way, being stayed at lab for this whole week and start busy myself at least could allow to complete a small portion of my final year project. All thanks to Sales Executive of Supreme Enterprise Company, Kelvin Tai for his prompt action in ensuring me to get in hand all the chemicals fast. Now , although Chemolab's order of a list of other chemicals still on the waiting list, I could at least start a portion of my lab work now.

Hundreds of Peptone water are needed in centrifuge tube for serial dilution

Can you imagine the extend of work involved for a dilution of bacterial colonies?

MRS agar 

In the process of making ice cream. It takes about 1 hour.

Preparing for Inoculation to petri dish

Growth of mold in MRS agar after being left overnight. You can say that  MRS is an excellent nutrient for bacteria and mold's growth

Last but not least, the product: Enumerate the colonies.
Fortunately, after a long one week of spending almost day and night in the lab, the final product satisfying. At least there is a growth of bacteria for the first trial, but still have a long way to go for the completion of my final year project. Wish me luck then;)

Ads: 468x60