Friday, December 2, 2011

Here comes my forth attempt on FYP!

Well, today is a tiring day!

Due to the long lab session of my final year project( FYP)!

I have been in the lab since 10am in the morning , until the clock ticked 7.30pm only i managed to finish my lab work.

It is about the stubborn probiotic bacteria which do not grow within my expectation despite my third attempt. So,this is my fourth attempt by using a better method, more sterile and more experience in making sure the seemingly stubborn bacteria could ever grow!  However, I am thankful for having a good supervisor ,working together to achieve a common goal as it is almost impossible for one man work, considering a tedious work of innoculation and agar preparation.

Prepared MRS agar + BPW  Ready to be autoclaved!

Prepared to do serial dilution!

Serial dilution of sample using BPW


Sample innoculated into the petri dish containing media

Creating Anaerobic condition. To test whether it is anaerobic, light up a candle inside the container, wrap it with parafilm. Once the flame goes off, it signifies anaerobic which means no oxygen!


Innoculated Petri Dish, Waiting to dry and then incubated.


 All in all, keeping my finger cross that the bacteria would grow in 2 more days! =)





Ads: 468x60