Thursday, August 23, 2012

APL 2012, Korea


I have safely back to Malaysia on 17th August after being away for Asia Pacific Leaderships Program for  1 month at Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea.
 Being in Korea for 1 month for the APL program is indeed a memorable moment in my life. It is my second trip overseas, being away from the familiar land of Malaysia and step into a completely foreign land, come to know and meet wonderful people from Korea as well as from various countries across the world.

I wish to update my blog constantly while I was in Korea, but I fail to do so due to the fabulous and wonderful moment I spent with friends there. It is never enough to spend such a short 1 month period together for the moment spent is so wonderful and valuable! I wish I could have more time to spend these memorable moments with you all!

Well, to sum up the things that I have done and the time that I spent over there, I will let photos speaks the thousands words.

What is APL?
It was established to create Asia Pacific educational programs to foster future leaders of the Asia Pacific region. The mission is to enhance collaboration, prosperity ,harmony and peace in the Asia Pacific region by nurturing its future leaders through diverse cultural experience , knowledge, wisdom in mutual respects.

What are we APL doing there?
  •    Classes- Global History, Global Economy, Leaderships class
  •    Fieldtrips- Gyeongju, Busan, Andong , Pohang, Daegu downtown, Yeosu World Expo
  •   Essay - Each APL need to produce a min 5 pages essay on the theme of  ‘Social Responsibility ‘ concerning the Asia Pacific issues and compile into a book.

The moments spent there?
It will be really long if I were to write a series of moment spent there. Well, to sum up a few on weekly basis:

1st week ( 15th-22nd August): Yeosu World Expo, Gyeongju field trip, Meeting Malaysian and Indonesian friends

2nd week (23rd – 29th August): Busan field trip + extra 1 day stay at Jimjilbang , Norebang with APLs

3rd week (30th July- 5th August) :History class trip to Daegu downtown  to experience the history of  Daegu, Andong fieldtrips, busying with essays submission , be an early birds to watch sun rise at KNU.

4th week ( 6 Aug-13th August): Pohang fieldtrips, Kyle and Caleb birthday celebration, duck boat riding at Seosomun lake, APL closing ceremony.

Last but not least, before boarding a flight back to Malaysia on 17th August, I have an extra 4 days 3 night trip to Seoul! 

To be continued on Seoul Trip in another post soon...

Ads: 468x60