Friday, June 12, 2009

I teach physics!=)

Yesterday, i had a busy routine..A phone ring, that signify another wonderful day for me. Aunt Lay Han calling me to teach her daughter..hehe.i can revive my teaching spirits again.
All this while i failed to contact her, i want to ask her whether her daughter or son need any tuition for this school holiday, but there is always no connection of line at all..thus i am wondering does anything went wrong with them?
Till yesterday i just got to know that :Oh, they are having a vacation to Hong Kong. Nice trip then ..Aunt lay Han bought a key chain to me...plus 2 packets of Hong Kong famous biscuits. haha..

That is very nice then. yesterday lesson was quite satisfying as i manage to cover up the whole chapter of Heat..(physics form 4, chapter 4)as requested by Sharlinie(Aunty lay han's daughter who is currently having her SPM this year)..hailing from PCGHS, i have no other comment about this girl as she is doing quite fine in other subjects but Physics is the hardcore subject that can beat her down. You can guess how difficult would it for me to deliver my teaching then.

physics need a concept to do well. Frankly,i thought my physics would have been rotten to death, i haven't touch it for almost 2 years since i was having my SPM 2007 till now. I study Biology at Matric and wasn't indulge in any physics concept all this while. But, surprising or should i say luckily, i can still manage to remember the application and the concept of physics and was able to teach a junior about all these stuffs. cheers to my memory that went well till now!=)
I give the exercises and explanations thoroughly ..i am trying to make her to grasp the concept well..I used my teaching materials wisely..finally, the outcome is rather amazing and encouraging---she had done it pretty well. All questions are solved and those difficult questions are being slowly incorporated into her mind=)

I hereby presenting this useful quote from a physics teacher:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physicists use technological tools, especially computers, to perform their measurements and analysis of scientific data. As such, you need to be comfortable with computers and different forms of technology to. At the very least, you should be able to plug in a computer and its various components, as well as know how to maneuver through a computer folder structure to find files. Basic familiarity with computer programming is helpful.
One thing that you should learn is how to use a spreadsheet to manipulate data. I, sadly, entered college without this skill, and had to learn it with lab report deadlines looming over my head. Microsoft Excel is the most common spreadsheet program, although if you learn how to use one you can generally transition to a new one fairly easily. Figure out how to use formulas in spreadsheets to take sums, averages, and perform other calculations. Also, learn how to put data in a spreadsheet and create graphs and charts from that data. Believe me, this will help you later on.
Learning how machines operate also helps provide some intuition into work that will come up in fields such as electronics. If you know someone who's into cars, ask them to explain to you how they run, because many basic physical principles are at work in an automotive engine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Candidly, i love biology more than physics.I don't like physics because i hate maths and dislike crumpling all these formulae into my mind. But contrary,i enjoy knowing the physics truth
Today, i am again venture into the 'teaching world'at 2pm sharp.. and was looking forward to teach another new chapter---light..=)

Ads: 468x60