Thursday, October 17, 2013

Working Life

Well, glad to say that I have started my new job in a new company after I went back from Hanoi.

Time flies and it has been a year since I graduated. I am not sure whether I have achieved my new year resolution but I think I have achieved at least some of them.  Another 2 months plus and it will be going to be brand new year, the year of 2014!

I have moved to a new company, with a completely new environment and colleague and bosses which I hope I could adapt and thrive well in this new company. Life is about making decision, and I hope the decision which I made will be a fruitful one as I believe I will look forward to strive for a better future. Knowing my career aspiration is what matter the most as right now, I really hope by being in this new company, I can be able to grow my career aspiration.

Well, to be honest, moving to a new environment with new colleague and bosses demand a lots of patience, humble and a heart for learning. Since I am in this completely new environment, I have to learn the company policy, culture, methods of doing things from scratch. Besides, being selected for this program, which I believe I will have a chance to develop my career aspiration, I need lots of dedication and perseverance in order to learn, learn and learn throughout the assignments to various departments in the company.
The key words which I want to always remind myself of are humble, eager to learn, dedicated, smart, sociable, and honest.

I miss my life when I was a student, miss the time when I can hang out with friends, going to shopping mall once every week, organizing a study group together, having fun and laughter till the midnight.
I miss my life as a student where I can have a chance to go to other countries for an exchange, to study for a course with people from different countries, to have field trips around the places of interest around the country, to teach highs school students from different cultures and backgrounds etc etc. All these things are difficult to come by if you have stepped into the working world. So, for people who are still studying, do appreciate the chances available and take whatever you can to make it to the fullest of your life! J

Sometimes, I even think of furthering my master and be a student. Just because the fact that I am not ready for job market and my love for study and travelling. But I still believe that I need to step into the working world to gain experiences and money. Some people might end up in their own business and making a good money out of it but not many will have the capital to start their own business. For me, as part for a stage to transit from university to working world, we need to learn to see and experience the world.


Hence, for now, it is the crucial time for me to discover my career aspiration, to learn from the work and people and to be humble to seek more knowledge. It is not always the case where you found your dream job and the job that you really like, but being able to know what you are doing is the key most important skill. After all, the first few years of our working life is always the most challenged one.

The welcoming dinner for us @ PJ Hilton

The MA batch 6, 2013!

Ads: 468x60