Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feng Shui, Astrology and Clairvoyance! Believable?

I am a great believer of you can be in any control of your own destiny. However things somehow and sometimes did not turn out the way we want. So destiny does play a part, but what the major part concerned here is lying within our own will! If we make thing happen, only will it yield out two possibilities  : Happen or not happen. If we do not make thing happen, only one possibility will be yielded out: thing does not happen definitely!

If you ask me whether I believe in Feng Shui , astrology, and clairvoyance, I would answer it all depends on individual perception as I always hold on this formula:
90% of hard work + 10 % of luck!
10% of luck comes with the right time and right place!

I do indulge in soothsaying practices which education, logic and common sense might dictates just a bunch of phooey and I guess I am not the only one.
There are indeed countless businessmen in Asia who practise either a combination or singular belief in any of these alternative life coaching techniques. I say life coaching because it seems the best word to describe the effect these various practises seem to have on the people to use them as guidance.

My aunt was especially a firm believer in clairvoyance and every year I remember she used to pay a visit to a clairvoyant and sometimes I just follow suit. Curiosity kills the cat, I often move to spend some time to reflecting on why I felt compelled to follow my relatives to approach the clairvoyant , read the astrology charts and hear the Feng Shui stuffs from the so called Feng  Shui expert.

In figuring that one out, I went to utilise the power of Wikipedia which had the following explanation to offer on just what these practices are:
  1.       Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of geomancy or divination which is believed to use the laws of both heaven and earth to help improve one’s life by receiving positive qi or energy.
  2.      Claivoyance ( clear vision) is the ability to gain information about an object ,person, location, or physical event through a form of extra sensory perception.
  3.     Astrology consists of a number of belief systems which map out a relationships between astronomical phenomena like the stars, the sun and the moon and events in the human world.

Ø  
In a world fraught with uncertainties and difficulties, human beings have come up with techniques which through the ages, has made a lots of sense to them.  Though astrology, Feng Shui and clairvoyance did not survive all this millennia just because it was a mere phase in the development of human society, it seems entrenched in our lives, like it or not. So entrenched ,in fact that business and empire have been built on the foundations of providing the masses with Feng Shui tips, clairvoyance readings and daily or annual horoscopes.
Well, I take all these beliefs with a pinch of salt because I believe at the end of the day, we are the one to have a say and power to carve our own destiny.

Ads: 468x60