Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kudos! Educational Counselling!

Though i am now not somewhat into studying a degree in counselling or psychology, but i have the interest into this field, so i always take initiatives to join counselling society or any organisation activities on counselling aspects while undergoing my university life. So far i have joined one society (马大升学辅导组)which cater to post SPM and STPM students on providing them with information for the courses, IPTA and IPTS as well as the requirements needed for the admission into colleges/universities.Bbesides we do help them to discover their own interest in making their right choices in furthering their study.

All these skills of communicating and providing guidance are of paramount important and i have learnt much and pick up constantly through the activities that i have joined so far. The activities may range from organising an edu exhibition, organising a 3d2n camp, and it might be as simple as giving a one day educational talk to them.

Throughout all those activities, i always find it satisfying just because i have passion and interest in making it a success. Certain forces always drive me to do my best and that is always the old saying : where there is a will, there is a way.
In my own words, i would rather describe it as : if you have the passion and determination and u love to do it, then nothing is impossible, there is always a road open to those who have the right attitutes and who have the heart of doing it.

While during the various talks or any educational camp which i attend as a committee,students may often come to me ,asking about :
1.what courses to pursue?
2.which courses are the best and thus can earn much money in future?
3.which university is the most highly ranked in term of facilities and courses? eg: is engineering in UTM better than UM?
4.i don't know what courses shall i take after my SPM, my mum wants me to take medicine but i like engineering.

etc...etc....the questions never ends.

I understand my tasks are to collect and make available a wide range of educational and occupational information (for example, information about awards, scholarships and financial assistance programs) and with that information i can actually provide them with the comprehensive info that would benefit them.=)

The good thing is I always find it a pleasure to answer them, i love doing the task of providing them with the proper information and guidance on every possible questions that they may ask me. but i am not the one who can decide their final destiny( Decision). Bear in mind that the final decision is always on their hand, nobody can decide for them. My task is to help and assist them to see an overall and clearer picture on reaching their goals.

Well, the 全思 Camp(4th June -6th June) has bring me one message: 全升is a platform for me to discover, develop and to expand the network and work closely with various people to achieve the goal and missions to help students clearing their doubts with regards to any further study enquiries.
Most students look for in a university is the course offered, facilites, recognition and etc,and I believe our 马升's service would definetely allow them to make objective, systematic and informed decisions on these.=)

Kudos to all who shares with me the passions and interest during the 全思camp.
升学道路与你我相随!=)

Ads: 468x60